Exclusive to The Courtauld, this limited edition print has been developed in partnership with Claudette Johnson, to celebrate her landmark exhibition Presence.
Claudette Johnson, Oil Sketch, 2019
- Limited edition of 50 plus 5 artist’s proofs.
- Hand signed and dated by the artist
- Image size: 208 mm x 150 mm. Paper size: 297 mm x 210 mm.
- Giclée print on 300gsm acid-free Monte Carlo fine art textured paper.
- Presented in a protective hand made portfolio with screen printed front cover
- Each print comes complete with a certificate of authenticity
- Finished in paper wrap with presentation sticker
This limited edition print is taken from a study Claudette Johnson made of herself in oil pastel. In addition to making drawings on a very large scale, Johnson regularly makes smaller sketches such as this work measuring 297 x 210 mm. The artist combines sensitive line drawing and bold use of colour to create a work that conveys a strong sense of presence, the image filling and even exceeding the edges of the paper.
Printed by King & McGaw in the UK to coincide with Claudette Johnson: Presence held at The Courtauld Gallery, London, 29 September 2023 - 14 January 2024.
All profits go towards supporting The Courtauld.
Terms & Conditions
All prints can be shipped to a UK address at an extra cost of £25. Those who require EU & international shipping will be charged £50 plus any additional customs charges which will be calculated at checkout.
Alternatively, a click & collect service will be available from The Courtauld Shop. All customers will be notified by e-mail when their print is ready to collect.
Please allow 28 working days from the date of purchase for all deliveries and click & collect.
Edition numbers will be assigned to the customer on a first come, first served basis.
The price may increase as the number of items for sale becomes lower.
Please note that any discount codes, including Friends membership, cannot be applied to limited editions.